Welcome to gnumonks.org
Disclaimer: This website is not in any way officially related to the
The name gnumonks.org was chosen by me after
first running into perlmonks.org, and I thought it's cool, but GNU is even
cooler than perl ;)
What is gnumonks.org?
gnumonks.org is a platform intended for people committed to development of Free Software, released under Free Software licenses such as the GNU GPL.
This platform was built and is operated by LaForge.
If you have a Free Software project which you want to host in a non-commercial non-for-profit environment, gnumonks.org can provide you with webspace, FTP-Server, Mailinglists, Newsserver, IMAP-Accounts, SVN, and GIT.
What projects are currently hosted at gnumonks.org?
- netfilter/iptables, Linux packet fitlering, firewalling, connection tracking, packet mangling, NAT and more
- OpenBSC, a Free Software implementation of various GSM network side components
- OsmocomBB, a Free Software implementation of a telephone-side GSM protocol stack and baseband firmware
- OsmocomTETRA, Free Software related to the TETRA trunked radio system
- OsmocomDECT, a Free Software implementation of the DECT protocol stack for the Linux kernel
- OpenMTRD, hosting RFID related Free Software projects like librfid
- deDECTed.org, a project aiming to spread information about the poor state of DECT security
- gpl-violations.org, a non-software project aiming at enforcing compliance with the GNU General Public License (GPL)
- gpl-devices.org, a collection/archive of GPL source code releases of various vendors of mostly embedded Linux based consumer electronics
- OpenEZX, a Free Software project related to prodividing alternative software images for Motorola EZX Linux based mobile phones
- gnufiish, a Free Software project related to prodividing alternative software images for Motorola EZX Linux based mobile phones
Most of the projects are now kept in their own virtual or real machines, each
having their own set of git repositories, etc. Some older/smaller stuff can be
found in the Subversion (svn)
repository. The CVS server has been shut down after all projects moved.
Presentations / Slides / Papers of LaForge
If you are looking for papers/slides of presentations LaForge has given at various conferences, follow this link to the subversion repository.
© 1999-2011 by